No hidden extras
The Yacht Break has a transparent pricing policy so there will be no unpleasant surprises during the booking/check-in processes. The price per week that you are initially quoted includes the cost of the skipper and the transit log. This can be worth as much as €1600, depending on the boat size.
What is a transit log?
The transit log is a fee that the charter company applies to the boat hire. This is an obligatory extra and therefore The Yacht Break includes the cost of it within our pricing, as you have no choice but to pay it. Many other companies either add it on further into the booking process or demand the cash during check-in. Exactly what is included varies between charter agencies but generally include the following:
- Documentation of the vessel’s permit/registration
- Crew list (any changes during the sailing week will incur an additional cost)
- Final cleaning
- Diving inspection of the hull prior to check-out
- Outboard motor
- Bed linen
- Towels (not all charter companies supply these)
- Starter pack (sponge, washing up liquid, toilet roll, ashtray)