If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your Personal Information, then please contact us.
The Yacht Break (‘we,’ ‘us,’ ‘our,’ ‘The Yacht Break,’ and ‘TYB‘) provides tour- and travel-operator services (the “Services”) under the parent company Roza vetrov d.o.o, which has a head office in Slovenia.
Our Services enable our Clients to, among other things, purchase sailing holidays. Find out more about our Services here.
‘Guests‘ means all the people who will be going on the sailing holiday, either in its entirety or for a part of the time.
‘Personal information‘ means any information that can directly or indirectly identify Visitors or Guests
‘Visitors‘ means anyone who visits our website
‘Website(s)‘ means any website(s) we own and operate (such as theyachtbreak.com) or any social media site or blog that is controlled by us
‘You‘ or ‘your‘ means, depending on the context, a Guest or Visitor.
Information you give us
When you engage with The Yacht Break (TYB), you may provide Personal Information about you and your Contacts. Personal Information is often, but not exclusively, provided to us when you purchase our services, submit a booking request, consult with our customer service team, send us an email, or communicate with us in any other way.
This information may include:
- Basic information, such as your name, email address, location and phone number
- Billing and communications information: If you make a booking through TYB, you may also need to provide us with payment and billing information, such as your credit card details and billing address. TYB will also maintain a record of your billing transactions and purchases, and any communications and responses. See ‘Other info‘ for details on our secure credit card payment facility.
- Crew list information: Prior to departure, you will also be asked to supply information on all the guests that will be present during the course of the holiday. This includes name on passport, passport number, date of birth, contact details.
- Image collection: On your holiday, TYB may collect still and video images of you for advertising and promotional purposes. You have the right to refuse this, please see the Terms and Conditions as well as the ‘Your choices’ section.
Information we collect automatically
- Information from website browsers: If you are a Visitor to the website, we will collect the same basic information that most websites collect. We use common internet technologies, such as cookies and web server logs. The information we collect includes the visitor’s browser type, language preference, referring site and the path taken through our website. We use this information to better understand how people use our website.
Information we collect from other sources
We receive broad collated information (ie not on an individual level) to help us better understand and serve our customer base from the following sources:
- Google Analytics and Google Ads
- WordPress stats
Credit card payments
Data protection pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Parliament and the Council no. 2016/679- Regulation and implementation of the GDPR
Payments made by credit cards are processed via WSPay. This uses personal data in accordance with GDPR regulations and compliant with PCI DSS Level 1 Regulation for data transfers.
WSPay uses 256-bit SSL encryption and TLS 1.2 cryptographic protocol. This ensures the highest protection standards for data entry and transfer. The personal data used for authorization and payment is strictly confidential. WSPay does not process or use this data except for the purpose of fulfilling the Agreement, authorization, and payment. All necessary technical, organization and security measures are implemented, reflected in the PCI DSS Level 1 certificate.
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- Provide, maintain, and improve the Services;
- Research and develop new services;
- Send you updates, invoices and other support and administrative messages;
- Provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, and events, and provide other news and information we think will be of interest to you (for information about how to opt out of these communications, see “Your Choices” below);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services; and
- Personalize the Services and provide advertisements, content and features that match user profiles or interests. (for information about how to manage the types of advertisements you experience on our Services, see “Your Choices” below)
- With our partners: We may share information with vendors, consultants, and other service providers (but not with advertisers and ad partners) who need access to such information to carry out work for us. The partner’s use of personal data will be subject to appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- To comply with the law: We may share information in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including, but not limited to, meeting national security or law enforcement requirements. To the extent the law allows it, we will attempt to provide you with prior notice before disclosing your information in response to such a request.
- In an emergency: We may share information if we believe it’s necessary to prevent imminent and serious bodily harm to a person.
To enforce our policies and rights. We may share information if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our terms and conditions, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of ourselves and others.
- With our affiliates: We may share information between and among TYB, and any of our parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership.
- With your consent: We may share information about you with your consent or at your direction. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Aggregated or de-identified information: We may share information about you that has been aggregated or anonymized such that it cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
We may partner with third-party advertisers, ad networks, and analytics providers to deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests and to better understand your use of the Services. These third parties may collect information sent by your computer, browser, or mobile device in response to a request for content, such as unique identifiers, your IP address, or other information about your computer or device. For example:
- Analytic partners: We use analytics partners (such as Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Pinterest Analytics etc.) to help analyze usage and traffic for our Services. As an example, we may use analytics partners to analyze and measure, in the aggregate, the number of unique visitors to our Services.
You have the control to change the following:
Accessing and changing your information
You can access and modify any information and preferences that we hold relating to you. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee of €25 to cover costs incurred by us in providing you with the information.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject first- and third-party cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
Controlling advertising and analytics
Some analytics providers we partner with may provide specific opt-out mechanisms and we may provide, as needed and as available, additional tools and third-party services that allow you to better understand cookies and how you can opt-out. For example, you may manage the use and collection of certain information by Google Analytics here.
Do not track
Most modern web browsers give you the option to send a Do Not Track signal to the websites you visit, indicating that you do not wish to be tracked. However, there is no accepted standard for how a website should respond to this signal, and we do not take any action in response to this signal. Instead, in addition to publicly available third-party tools, we offer you the choices described in this policy to manage the collection and use of information about you.
Controlling promotional communications
You may opt out of receiving some or all categories of promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those communications or by updating your email options in your account preferences by contacting us. If you opt out of promotional communications, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as information about your account or your use of the Services.
Use of images
You can opt out of being included in promotional material. Please contact us prior to your sailing holiday with details of the guests that do not consent to have their images taken.
We take measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. For example, we use HTTPS while information is being transmitted. We also enforce technical and administrative access controls to limit which of our employees have access to non-public personal information.
We store the information we collect for as long as it is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
International data transfers
In operating our website, it may be necessary to transfer information on servers and equipment to other countries outside of the EU depending on a variety of factors, including the locations of our users and service providers. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer and storage of information in and to the EU and other countries, where you may not have the same rights as you do under local law.